I’ve been attempting to install office 2010 to several PCs using SCCM 2007 (sp2, r3). What a pain. You’d think deploying the exe with an appropriate config.xml would be ok, but it seems to ahve serious issues upgrading older versions. Originally, 2010 was deployed sans outlook as we’er a Notes house, however, Outlook is being deployed at one site so I create an MSP that would modify it, using setup.exe /admin. Easy enough. This worked on most of the computers, but some of them it managed to wreck.
Found  resource files under the default folder.Resource File Manager : Current user’s LCID is .Resource File Manager : error : ResourceFileManager does not contain at least one ResourceFile. Unable to find best match ResourceFile for CultureTag=[en-GB].Unable to locate a suitable resource file which contains resources that match the current user’s Locale .
‘Setup Error’, Message: ‘The language of this installation package is not supported by your system.
Occasionally, setup would just reboot the machine when I tried to modify it. I couldn’t run it, I could’t manually use /uninstall either.
This is a UK machine with UK location and UK office. I’ve no idea waht the problem is, but I managed to sort it out with a combination of running the office 2010 uninstall tool which is here . I uninstalled everything that was remotely “officey” from ARP including the compatibility tools, ran every uninstall utility in the mentioned site and finally got it working.
As far as I can tell, something installed previously thought it was a finny language, though I’ve no idea what or why.
This has been an utter pain, and I’m very worried about deploying it company wide if it is this picky. Got it fixed eventually with the steps listed above though.