I hate this. I can’t figure out how it works. It will install fine sometimes, and then not others. So far, after various amounts of fiddling I think I have it running. You’ll get the odd error messages, kerberos authentication will randomly work or not… But I think I’m in a happy place now.
Anyway, I plan to add error messages to this post that you may hit. So far, I’ve modified the task sequence so that error 42 is considered a success. This just indicates it didn’t have permission to save the log file for whatever reason. Another one I’ve seen is:
(0xc0002823). Call to function failed. DNS name does not exist. (0xc0000018)
The error code at the end actually means the exact opposite and that there are two IP addresses in DNS for this computer. This happens with us as people often connect via VPN which is in a different range. Delete the offending IP from DNS and try it again.
Had an issue recently where a fresh install of SnapDrive (7.0.3) wouldn’t complete and gave the following error “Product: SnapDrive — Error 1920.Service SnapDrive (SWSvc) failed to start. Verify that you have sufficient privileges to start system services and check your Event Log for more information.”
The server is located in a DMZ on a separate domain and is isolated from the network and the internet. I spent ages looking at this and eventually decided to run a “netstat -ano” to see what the service was doing. For whatever reason it looks like it’s trying to connect to GoDaddy’s CRL server. It seems that as the package is signed by netapp, part of the install downloads a new crl to make sure that it’s valid. Temporarily allowing my host out to the net on port 80 fixed the install issues. Incidentally, as soon as it’s installed you can close that port. From what I can tell it doesn’t check the CRL again….
Having trouble installing Vcenter? If you look in %temp% the log file will give a clue, but it’s not obviosu to look there. Anyway, you need to install dot net 3.5 from the Add Features. You may get an error if you can’t get on to the internet, in that case, stick your CD in and run
Dism /online /enable-feature /featurename:NetFx3 /All /Source:D:\sources\sxs/LimitAccess
Or change /source to point to some network location that has an extract of the cd. Should work then!
I’ve recently migrated my 2003 DC’s CA to a non-dc 2008r2 server. Everything went surprisingly well. It’s pretty easy. Folow MS’s directions which are basically, backup the CA Database from the MMC, backup the registry. Remove the CA. Install the CA. Restore the database. Fiddle around a bit.
The only issue I had is the CRL. THe old crl was at http://oldca and removing the CA role removes this website. Although the CRL is in AD, it won’t get updated by the new CA. I found this fantastic article which helped immensely with sorting out the CRL. The http one won’t work, but the AD one is good enough (I hope). Just a few points on the article that I didn’t notice, its ldap:/// not ldap:// (three / ) so make sure you type it correctly! I think the whole path is case sensitive too. If “publish crl” is greyed out after you’ve entered the information, you’ve typed something wrong.
Blocked by the HTTP Security filter: URL contains ‘.’ in the path
You’ve clicked “filter ambiguous extensions” in the HTTP filter for the rule. Untick it